How to Make Persian Silver Jewelry Shiny
Because handmade Persian jewelry is so unique, you want to keep it in perfect condition. To do this, just follow these simple steps. Observe these guidelines to maintain your silver jewelry as sparkling as possible:
- Your favourite silver jewelry should be kept in a small ziplog bag and kept away from the sun, in a cool, dark place.
- As often as you can, wear jewelry. It will be shiny as long as you wear it.
- Take off your silver jewelry if it has a gold coating when you shower or wash your hands.
- Keep your jewelry off the pool.
- Use no lotion or perfume on them.
If you have silver rings, bracelets, and necklaces you don't wear often, you might notice a layer of discoloration the next time you go to put them on. Over time, as silver is exposed to air, a chemical reaction occurs that gives silver a black tarnish. Your experience will depend on your specific item and the level of humidity that exists in your area. Hot, humid weather can cause Sterling Silver to tarnish more quickly.
Luckily, your rings and bracelets aren't destroyed—you just need to learn how to clean silver jewelry at home to remove this tarnish and make these pieces shine.
1-Using tooth paste at home is the most efficient method; most sterling silver 925 -jewelry can be shiny with it.
- Apply enough toothpaste to the silver surface using your finger (we don't want to use any instruments that might scratch the silver). It needs to be covered with a thick enough layer to prevent drying out quickly. Don’t cover, gemstone or Enamel part with tooth pate just silver part.
- Set aside seven to fifteen minutes.
- Remove the toothpaste using a soft towel but take care not to harm or scratch your silver jewelry with excessive pressure.
- Your towel is now black because the tarnish has been removed.
- Use liquid soap and warm water to clean your jewelry.
- Once gently dried, the shine will return.
2-You can also use Silver cleaning cloth, you can order them in Amazon in very reasonable price (less than 10 CAD) and use them for ever for cleaning your silver jewelry .Fold your cloth into quarters and use a small section at a time to polish silver. Once an area becomes dark gray or black, fold the cloth again and clean with a fresh section of the cloth. Softly rub your silver jewelry using the interior of the cloth several times. The whole process requires patience and effort.
3-You can use also Silver cleaner and Polish cream, it could be found in Amazon, Walmart and so one in reasonable price less than 20 CAD in various brand names. All you need to do is follow the instructions on the packaging. Avoid using the cream on gemstones.
There are numerous different methods for polishing and cleaning silver jewelry, such as using aluminum foil, baking soda, and boiling water, but we don't advise them for the AFRA JEWELLERY Collection because the majority of our collection contains gemstones, and boiling water may have a damaging impact on those gemstones.